The Level 6 NZ Certificate in Infrastructure (Procurement Procedures) is now fully government funded!
This qualification was previously known as the CPP or NZTA Qualified Tender Evaluator qualification. It's the benchmark for practical, NZQA-certified procurement qualifications and it's specifically designed for government procurement professionals.
The NZQA Qualification is currently delivered through Connexis ITO. Students must have a training agreement with Connexis in order to get qualified and in order to receive funded training and assessment.
Meet your asessors: Caroline Boot, Bruce Buxton and Steve Raynor.
How it works
After registering for assessment, the next step is to complete the two-day Clever Buying course as the first part of your assessment. After the course, you'll get one-on-one coaching from an expert NZQA-qualificed procurement assessor as you work through five work-based procurement assignments.
- Preparing a detailed procurement plan for a live or scenario-based project, demonstrating best practice, thorough and conscientious procurement planning. Assessment will be through both written evidence and a professional discussion.
- Preparing a RFx Document (supported with a robust procurement plan, which can be the one you have already prepared). This can be based on a scenario that we can provide, or a real-life example from your workplace. Feedback will be given on that. This should involve using the government RFx template.
- Completing an assignment via desk research, i.e. written and verbal questions to demonstrate your understanding of application of Government Rules of Sourcing, Cartel Conduct and NZ Case Law on Tendering
- Preparing a Procurement Plan, followed by a full set of RFx documents for a real-life example in your workplace. Assessment will be through both written evidence and a professional discussion.
- Processing and evaluating tenders, including managing the process, developing scoring systems, briefing Tender Evaluation Teams and preparing Tender Evaluation Reports. Two examples (at least) are needed. Assessment will be through both written evidence and a professional discussion.
Key Facts on the NZQA Procurement Qualification
The qualification is mandatory for one member of the Tender Evaluation Team for significant projects funded by Waka Kotahi/ the NZ Transport Agency. Because it’s the only NZQA qualification aimed specifically at practical procurement through tenders, and the only qualification that covers NZ Government Procurement Rules, it is also a valid and highly respected qualification for a wide range of industries.
We are working with Government Procurement (MBIE) personnel and other government groups to raise awareness of the value of the qualification across all of government procurement.
There are more than 450 procurement professionals registered for the NZQA Procurement qualification through the Clever Buying programme; and they are already making good progress through their Unit Standards. All graduates have provided excellent feedback on the value of their journey through achieving this qualification.
Note: If you’re one of the people currently working through your NZQA Procurement qualification, please note that you need to complete and submit at least one assignment every three months. Your personal trainer/ assessor will be on hand to help you or give advice at any stage.
If you have questions about your progress through the qualification, or you would like to know more about getting qualified, please contact us.