Register for this course at the bottom of this page
Who is this for?
The one-day Procurement Introductory course is suitable for new entrants to procurement (or possibly a refresher for people who are very experienced and/ or have done Clever Buying training previously).
1. Introduction: to sound procurement processes
- Common procurement frustrations and constraints
- Overview of Procurement Process (from Approval to go to Market through to publishing a RFx document)
2. Procurement planning – a practical activity
- Project and market analysis
- Eliminators (preconditions or mandatory criteria), supplier panels, prequalification and short-listing mechanisms
- Risk and opportunity analysis to drive identification of differentiators
3. Supplier selection methods
- Direct Appointment, Lowest Price Conforming, Weighted Attributes & Price Quality Method, Target Price, Quality Only: when to use them and how they should be applied
- Examples and discussion of suitable methods for different situations
4. Effective RFx Documents
- Review of good and bad examples
- Overview of essentials for developing good RFx documents – Eliminators/ Preconditions, Differentiators (Risk/ Opportunity Analysis)
- Attribute selection and weighting
- Anchored scales and Targeted questions
5. Evaluation Processes
- Overview of scoring methods for tender evaluation – Comparison of Lowest Price Conforming, Weighted Attributes and a demo on Price Quality Method
- Evaluation Plans – how to put them together and their benefits
6. Ethical issues in relation to procurement
- Common ethical issues faced by evaluation teams
- Review of recent NZ cases – what did they do wrong?
- How to manage/ eliminate risks of legal challenge
- $700 + GST pp for 8-12 people; $500 + GST pp for additional people (up to 25)
- Disbursements (travel, etc) not included.